TOPICAL USE ONLY
Arnica Oil Ingredients: Fresh Arnica flowers (Arnica Cordifolia), organic olive oil, local organic fruit spirits, local organic lavender essential oil, and unrefined vitamin E oil
Arnica Spray Ingredients: Arnica water (fresh arnica flowers - Arnica Cordifolia, local organic fruit spirits, trace amounts of organic olive oil), local organic fruit alcohol, and local white fir essential oil
Arnica Cordifolia is a beautiful yellow flower that grows in our local mountains above 7,000 feet. The plant’s heart-shaped leaves signify its medicinal value and use.
Most arnica products are homeopathic or mass produced using the Arnica Montana flower. The arnica oil we make is of the utmost quality and concentration. When you use our Arnica oil the soothing effect can be felt immediately; our customers report that it has healed chronic pain and long-lasting injuries. We make a strong extraction with the fresh arnica flowers in organic olive oil - the result is a highly effective product.
· Flower extracts dilate capillaries under the skin and stimulate the activity of white cells.
· Arnica has been used for centuries in liniments, salves, washes and poultices for treating bruising and sprains.
· Reduces inflammation and pain of strains, sprains, and other orthopedic injuries.
Osha Tincture Ingredients: Fresh osha root (Ligusticum Porteri), 85-95% ABV local organic fruit spirits (Jack Rabbit Hill), and Countryside Farm raw, unfiltered honey.
Osha root, also known as bear medicine, grows in the Rocky Mountains above 9,000 feet. The bears dig up and consume the root after hibernation to stimulate digestion and for energy. The osha root has a very distinct “spicy celery” smell and is identified by this smell and its brown, hairy roots. We make a strong extraction with fresh osha root in local organic fruit alcohol and add local organic, raw, unfiltered honey.
· This is one of the most important herbs of the Rocky Mountains, considered sacred by the Native Americans and widely esteemed for its broad and effective warm healing power.
· Native Americans burned osha for purification and to ward off pathogenic factors and subtle negative influences.
· Used to treat colds, flu, fevers, cough, cold phlegm, diseases, indigestion, gas, delayed menses, poor circulation, and rheumatic complaints.
· Osha is a diaphoretic, stimulant, carminative, and an expectorant.
Calendula Yarrow Salve
TOPICAL USE ONLY
Calendula Yarrow Salve Ingredients: Fresh calendula flowers from our garden (Calendula offincinalis, erfurter variety), organic olive oil, fresh yarrow flowers (Achillea Millefolium), fresh horsetail leaves (Equisetum arvense), local beeswax, local organic fruit spirits, and unrefined vitamin E oil.
Calendula has a long history in both skin care and wound care ointments. The calendula we extract is grown in our garden using all-natural methods. We make a strong olive oil extraction with the fresh calendula flowers oil and combine this with our yarrow flower olive oil infusion. This oil blend is combined with organic fair trade shea butter, cocoa butter, and beeswax to create an effective medicinal balm for skin and wound care.
· Calendula is rich in antioxidants, which makes it great for treating dry and damaged skin, skin inflammations, burns, rashes, and other skin disorders.
· Calendula is antiseptic and promotes healing and cell repair.
· Useful for its skin-soothing properties in treating eczema, psoriasis, sores, burns, and bruises.
· The Calendula flowers can be made into an ointment, or salve and is used for slow-to-heal wounds.
· Yarrow has been used for thousands of years as a styptic – a plant that stops bleeding.
· Yarrow helps treat a variety of skin problems including open sores, mosquito bites, burns, and open sores.
Ingredients: Fresh nettle leaves (Urtica dioica), 45% - 55% ABV local organic fruit spirits
Nettles are one the first lush medicines available in the forest during spring time. They are most commonly found amongst the cow parsnip near trickles of water and in moist forest environments. They grow between 4,000 and 10,000 feet. It is best to harvest from middle of May to middle of July in rocky mountain ecosystems. They sting, so watch out!
· New research is suggesting that nettles combat seasonal allergies by reducing inflammation and reducing the amount of histamine the body produces in response to an allergen.
· High in minerals, protein, and chlorophyll
· Helps reduce kidney inflammation, water retention, chronic bladder infections, allays excess menstruation, nosebleeds, hemorrhoids, and digestive track bleeding.
· A spring tonic in our mountainous climate. (Useful when diet and metabolism changes with the seasons.)
· Relieves persistent bladder infections, chronic diarrhea, and eczema.
· Can be used to relieve stress or when recovering from an illness.
· Builds and nourishes the blood
Gut Health Subscription
12 QUARTS - SHIPPED EVERY 3 MONTHS
Fermented foods work best with consistent consumption. Our year long subscription service is the best way to stay consistent all year long!
You choose mild, medium, or spicy combo pack and we will pick ferments for you every 3 months according to your preference and what we have available.
Save 20% per quart by signing up!
Delivered March 20, June 20, September 20, December 20
Current Offerings: Purple Haze, The Blend, Powerkraut, Fuego, Earth Kraut
Fall/Winter: The Blend, Fuego, Powerkraut, Earth Kraut
Spring: The Blend, Fuego, Purple Haze, Powerkraut, Earth Kraut,
Summer: The Blend, Fuego, Rad Mix, Purple Haze, PowerKraut, Garlic Kraut
GARLIC LOVERS UNITE
Our original flavor is still a winner. A great blend of root vegetables with cabbage and whole garlic cloves.
Ingredients: green cabbage, onions, carrots, golden beets, garlic, natural grey celtic sea salt.
DELICIOUS ON EVERYTHING
Bright and tangy. Ginger and garlic are the dominating flavors in this purple cabbage and onion based modern kimchi/kraut fusion.
Ingredients: purple cabbage, onions, garlic, ginger, mixed red peppers, natural grey celtic sea salt.
TRADITIONAL - ISH
The Blend is a combination of spring vegetables with ginger and dried peppers from the fall. It offers a balanced flavor for the medium spicy palate. Our most 'traditional' kimchi.
Ingredients may vary: napa cabbage, bok choy, daikon radish or hakurei turnips, carrots, green onions, garlic or garlic scapes, dried mixed peppers, ginger, natural grey celtic sea salt.
FEEL THE BURN
Our spiciest kimchi yet! Featuring speciality hot peppers for people who like a deep burn. Fermentation enhances pepper flavor profiles.
Ingredients may vary: napa cabbage, onions, carrots, daikon radish, garlic or garlic scapes, ginger, dried or fresh peppers, natural grey celtic sea salt.
Long term fermented sauerkraut with a strong and complex taste that brings out the subtleties of our locally sourced green cabbage varieties.
Ingredients: green cabbage, natural grey celtic sea salt.
SPICY, LOADS OF FLAVOR
The best flavors are discovered, not invented. When the cabbage ran out in the fall, we weren't done fermenting! Now one of our favorites.
Ingredients: Daikon radish, onions, carrots, Aji crystal and Wenk's peppers, natural grey celtic sea salt.
WILD and MEDICINAL
Arguably our healthiest ferment. This speciality batch consists of wildcrafted nettles, homegrown burdock, bok choy or napa, carrots (some batches), and turnips. The flavor is unique, deep and wholesome.
ADORABLE and DELICIOUS
Necessity is the mother of invention. Spring always brings an abundance of turnips too small to cut. While not a staple in most people's diets, turnips have a complex flavor and vitamin profile of their own. We think they taste delicious fermented with garlic scapes and a touch of thyme.