Calendula Yarrow Salve
TOPICAL USE ONLY
Calendula Yarrow Salve Ingredients: Fresh calendula flowers from our garden (Calendula offincinalis, erfurter variety), organic olive oil, fresh yarrow flowers (Achillea Millefolium), fresh horsetail leaves (Equisetum arvense), local beeswax, local organic fruit spirits, and unrefined vitamin E oil.
Calendula has a long history in both skin care and wound care ointments. The calendula we extract is grown in our garden using all-natural methods. We make a strong olive oil extraction with the fresh calendula flowers oil and combine this with our yarrow flower olive oil infusion. This oil blend is combined with organic fair trade shea butter, cocoa butter, and beeswax to create an effective medicinal balm for skin and wound care.
· Calendula is rich in antioxidants, which makes it great for treating dry and damaged skin, skin inflammations, burns, rashes, and other skin disorders.
· Calendula is antiseptic and promotes healing and cell repair.
· Useful for its skin-soothing properties in treating eczema, psoriasis, sores, burns, and bruises.
· The Calendula flowers can be made into an ointment, or salve and is used for slow-to-heal wounds.
· Yarrow has been used for thousands of years as a styptic – a plant that stops bleeding.
· Yarrow helps treat a variety of skin problems including open sores, mosquito bites, burns, and open sores.